As well as text content and titles, you can also add single images, an image gallery and/or a video player to all text sections in posts/pages.
Adding a single image to a text section
To add a single image to a text section, position your cursor in the content where you want the image to appear, and click on the “Add media” button:
You can then upload a new image from your computer (# 1) or select the image from the media library (# 2). When you have selected the image, just click on the “Insert into page” button (# 3)
If you want to change a single image size or define that the image should open in a lightbox, check the next screenshot. If you want to define that the image can open in a lightbox, select Link to: Media File in the sidebar on the right hand side after you have selected the image. Here you can also change the image size shown on website. As discussed during development, please note that the website implements a 400px max height limit for every image even if you select a larger image to be shown. This ensures that the images are not too large on all devices.
Adding multiple images to a text section (creating a gallery)
You can also add multiple images in a text section by creating a gallery. Click on the “Add media” button, as above when adding a single image. Then choose the “Create gallery” option on the left side, select (or upload) the images you want to add to the gallery, and then click on “Create a new gallery” button.
If you select less than 5 images, the website will try to fit those into a single row. This depends on the format and ratio of the images selected. Otherwise the gallery will be placed into multiple rows.
Once you have added images to a Gallery, you can edit them by adding captions, managing images and re-ordering the images.
When you add a gallery of images to a Post, you will see them in the content section.
To edit the gallery, click once in between the images and you will see a blue box appear around the gallery images. At the top are two icons:
- The pencil icon allows you to edit the images, re-order them, and add captions
- The “x” icon allows you to delete the gallery
If you click the pencil icon, you will be in gallery edit mode.
- Click the “X” icon in the top right hand corner of an image to remove it from the gallery
- Click “Add to Gallery” in the left hand menu to add new images to the gallery (as described above)
- Click below the image in the Caption field to add a caption (these appear below the image in the lightbox view)
- Click, drag and drop an image to re-order the images
- Click the Update Gallery button at the bottom to save changes.
- Remember to also press the Update button in the Post to save the updates.
Adding video to a text section
To add a YouTube or Vimeo video to a text section, you simply paste the video URL into the text section. The website will automatically create a video player. You will also see the video load into the editor section. No additional configuration is required.